Title: Company provided health insurance

Question

Asalam O Alaikum

Dear Mufti Sb

My Company offers me Health Insurance which covers maternity care for which they pay premium to the Insurance Company. My Company have a complete package of Fire Insurance of Factory, Health Insurance of Company Employee and Freight Insurance of Inventory in transit for which they pay hefty premium to one insurance company. The claims against the premium are nearly always lesser amount.

In this scenario is it permissible to use company provided health insurance. Your guidance is needed.

Jazak Allah

Answer

According to our understanding, you receive medical insurance benefits paid by your company. You did not subscribe to the health insurance and neither do you pay the monthly premiums. The benefits are regarded as a gift to you. You may therefore make use of such benefits.

Huzaifah Deedat

_________________

نوادر الفقہ –جلد 1 – ص 326- مکتبہ دار العلوم