Title: Islamic vehicle financing in South Africa

Question

As Salaamu Alaikum Respected Mufti,

I need to buy a van to travel to work daily as the road conditions are not suitable for the vehicle I'm currently using. I don't have sufficient funds to purchase a van with cash immediately. I am thinking of making use of the banks Islamic Vehicle finance. Please recommend which types would be permissible to make use of as I do understand that the banks revise and amend these products from time to time.

Shukran

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

You may obtain the contract of the financing scheme you are interested in and forward it to us at admin@daruliftaa.net for our observation and advice.