Title: Is it permissible for me to make use of an Islamic Vehicle Finance?

As Salaamu Alaikum Respected Mufti,

I need to buy a van to travel to work daily as the road conditions are not suitable for the vehicle I'm currently using. I don't have sufficient funds to purchase a van with cash immediately. I am thinking of making use of the banks Islamic Vehicle finance. Please recommend which types would be permissible to make use of as I do understand that the banks revise and amend these products from time to time.

We are not aware of any Shariah Compliant Vehicle finance product. If anyone claims having such a product, you may obtain a copy of the contract and forward it to us for our observations.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of