Title: Barelwi- Electric shock

I came across this videa of an allenged Sufi gathering. I saw this video many years ago, and it has always confused me.

Could you please clarify whether such dancing is allowed?

Muhammad Ali Shah

The practice of shaking/ jumping resembling the effect of an electric shock etc when greeting is baseless and incorrect.

Muhammad IV Patel

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of