Asked Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Title: Using a program wherein there is haraam content, using a laptop wherein such a program is installed

Assalamu alaykum,

My sister is teaching english language to kids through internet, and I let her take my laptop when she is doing that because she needs it. There is a program installed on my laptop through which she teaches, and lectures are given to her showing what she should teach those kids. One lesson contains pictures of characters from cartoons South park and Family guy, and those pictures show characters like Judge, Salesman etc., so the kids would know how they look. Since South park and Family guy are cartoons that moke and make fun of several religions (including islam). Is what she is doing a haraam? And does my laptop become haraam to use since it has that program installed (through which she teaches)? Does it affect my work done through that laptop in any way ?

Please answer me fast since this is a big problem for me.

Assalamu alaykum.

Brother in Islaam,

Your concern for not assisting in sin is an expression of your resentment for sin.

It is haraam to mock at Islaam. If a Muslim is guilty of that, he risks losing his Imaan.

Advise your sister not to teach such a lesson. The teaching program in your computer does not affect your use of the computer.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of