Category: Business Matters
Fatwa#: 39839
Asked Country: United Kingdom

Answered Date: Feb 25,2018

Title: Not declaring incomes to the HMRC


i havent declared my additional income for may yers as i worked full time and use to pay my tax through my employer.

i use to ger rental income from property and just put it into my account without declaring it to HMRC. 

Is this sinfulfull? i have enquired about this with accountants and they have said just forget about it.

im not sure what to do as i dont want to account for any haram income on the day of judgement.


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Dear Brother,

You may follow the legal advice of your accountants in your tax related issues.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Tareque Ahmed

Student Darul Iftaa
New York, USA

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.