Asked Country: Mauritius

Title: Woman forced into marriage and sex

Question

Assalaam walaicoum. I have a friend who is passing very hard time in her marriage. She got married by force of her family to a person who does not give her respect she deserve. I know in islam, a wife should fulfil every needs of her husband. But if as a husband, he is not respecting his wife, he is using her only for his pleasure. My friend cries everyday because of physical and mental torture she bears by her husband. She has not yet started feeling love for her husband and when she ask him not to touch her now, he insist, he force her to have sexual relation. My friend is going in deep depression day by day, and she can't even talk to anyone about it. She asked me if I know any dua that can prevent a husband to touch his wife.. i said to her, in my belief there is no such dua exist. But i feel feel sad for her thats why i am contacting a mufti to help me with a solution so that i can relief her as well.

Answer

May Allah reward you for your concern for your friend.

May Allah grant her courage to overcome her difficulties.

It appears your friend is newly married. If so, newly married couples require time to adjust.

Moral support and proper counseling will be useful to both of them to adjust their conduct for the comfort of each other.

Advise your friend to bring up the courage and discuss her feelings with her husband.

She should never allow herself to be abused by him.

In that situation, she should discuss her situation with her family and senior people for guidance and possible intervention.

Advise your friend to perform Salat al-Haajah (need) every day and make the following dua;

لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ الحَلِيمُ الكَرِيمُ، سُبْحَانَ اللهِ رَبِّ العَرْشِ العَظِيمِ، الحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ العَالَمِينَ، أَسْأَلُكَ مُوجِبَاتِ رَحْمَتِكَ، وَعَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ، وَالغَنِيمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ بِرٍّ، وَالسَّلاَمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ إِثْمٍ، لاَ تَدَعْ لِي ذَنْبًا إِلاَّ غَفَرْتَهُ، وَلاَ هَمًّا إِلاَّ فَرَّجْتَهُ، وَلاَ حَاجَةً هِيَ لَكَ رِضًا إِلاَّ قَضَيْتَهَا يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ. 

Translation: There is no God but Allah the Clement and Wise. There is no God but Allah the High and Mighty. Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.  All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.  I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.  Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful![1]

You may refer to the following link for the detailed process of performing this Salah;

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19493 

[1] سنن الترمذى ٤٧١