Asked Country: Albania

Title: What job can I choose?

Question

Selam alejkum ...

I would like to ask conserning about job choices. In order to answer my questin i will tell you something so you will underatand

1. I reasentlyconverted to islam about 2 month ago and before this i was gonnabecome a US Marine soilder but now that i converted ELHAMDULILA I have no idea what to do i was in law school but i live in a kafir countrie and my options are limited i am a very physical person and diciplined i can NOT do anything I like because evrything is haram here ... you should now that i have a lot of opportunitys but they are haram.

2. I was a drug addict and had a very bad bad life and a millitary is a hoice for me because of the dicipline and training it keeps me at bay inshAllah but i know that i cant go to a US military or any other kafir millitary  

3. Please note that icant work as a jurist or police or any other goverment job because of haram reasons so help me understand and accept a job that will help me please Allah and my self inshAllah....

Answer

May Allah Ta`ala keep you steadfast on Islaam. Aameen.

It is permissible for you to be a government employee on condition the employment itself is not sinful.

You may search for various options that are available even as a government employee and consult your local Imaam or revert to us for guidance. We will guide you accordingly.