Asked Country: United Arab Emirates

Title: Working and desiring to serve his parents

Question

Assalaamu 'alaikum!

I'm from India but working in UAE for the past 9 years. I'm the only child to my parents. I'm settled in UAE with my wife & two kids. When I came to UAE, initially my plan was to stay here for a short term and return back to India as my parents were alone. As time passed by, I settled here and I was also able to sponsor residence visa for my parents too. They used to stay here with me on a longer term. Recently, I felt it's time to go back to India and look for a job there. Unfortunately, my father was recently diagnosed with cancer and his treatment is in progress in India. I want to go back, but some of my friends suggest to stay here for some more time to support them financially including their medical treatment. My parents also want me to continue in UAE for some more time and they're content with me. Our relatives & friends have been very helpful in offering their physical support to my parents Alhamdu lillaah. I also have the flexibility of visiting them once in a month or once in two months and do some khidmat. My father is however able to help himself Alhamdu lillaah. My mother is also always with him.

Getting a job in India suiting my profile is looking difficult. I'm applying online but not getting any favourable response so far. I'm staying here with a heavy heart as I'm concerned about their loneliness. I think leaving the job here and going back is also risky as I'm the only bread-winner for my family. I don't enjoy any other financial support. I need to maintain my family & also look after my father's treatment cost.  I think financial stress would add to my worries if I don't get a proper source of living in India. We also don't have a own house. Just started to construct a house few months back.

I seek your valuable advise on my current situation and advise the way forward.

Jazakumullahu Khairan! Needy of your Du'aas.

Answer

Beloved brother,

May Allah Taa’lah guide you in your predicament.

We advise you to continue your employment in U.A.E as that is also the advice of your parents and family members.

You may also make Istikharah on that and seek the guidance of Allah.

Muhammad IV Patel