Category: Miscellaneous
Fatwa#: 39801
Asked Country: United Arab Emirates

Answered Date: Feb 17,2018

Title: Working and desiring to serve his parents


Assalaamu 'alaikum!

I'm from India but working in UAE for the past 9 years. I'm the only child to my parents. I'm settled in UAE with my wife & two kids. When I came to UAE, initially my plan was to stay here for a short term and return back to India as my parents were alone. As time passed by, I settled here and I was also able to sponsor residence visa for my parents too. They used to stay here with me on a longer term. Recently, I felt it's time to go back to India and look for a job there. Unfortunately, my father was recently diagnosed with cancer and his treatment is in progress in India. I want to go back, but some of my friends suggest to stay here for some more time to support them financially including their medical treatment. My parents also want me to continue in UAE for some more time and they're content with me. Our relatives & friends have been very helpful in offering their physical support to my parents Alhamdu lillaah. I also have the flexibility of visiting them once in a month or once in two months and do some khidmat. My father is however able to help himself Alhamdu lillaah. My mother is also always with him.

Getting a job in India suiting my profile is looking difficult. I'm applying online but not getting any favourable response so far. I'm staying here with a heavy heart as I'm concerned about their loneliness. I think leaving the job here and going back is also risky as I'm the only bread-winner for my family. I don't enjoy any other financial support. I need to maintain my family & also look after my father's treatment cost.  I think financial stress would add to my worries if I don't get a proper source of living in India. We also don't have a own house. Just started to construct a house few months back.

I seek your valuable advise on my current situation and advise the way forward.

Jazakumullahu Khairan! Needy of your Du'aas.


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Beloved brother,

May Allah Taa’lah guide you in your predicament.

We advise you to continue your employment in U.A.E as that is also the advice of your parents and family members.

You may also make Istikharah on that and seek the guidance of Allah.


And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best 


Muhammad IV Patel

Student Darul Iftaa
Lusaka, Zambia

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.