Asked Country: Italy

Title: How do I pray witr? Do I make qasr in my workplace?

Question

Assalamu Alaikum;

I have two questions-

1. Please explain me what is the process of praying Bitr Salah; how this salah can be performed eveyday according to the sahih hadith?

2. I used to travel to my work place from my home on every sunday (work day of the week) and returned to my home (family) every thursday. Friday andsaturday are weekly holidays and I pass my time with family. In my work place I live with my other colleagues in a bachelor state. In this situation when I am away from my family (and home), whether I have to perform full salah, or will it be Qsr. The distance between the workplace and my home is 180 km.

Best regards,

Answer

1. The witr prayer can be performed anytime between the conclusion of the Isha prayer and the entry of the fajr prayer. The witr prayer is similar to the maghrib prayer with a few key differences. In the third rakat, a surah will be recited along with the fatihah. After the surah, the musalli will say the takbir raising his hands to his ears. He will then fold his hands and recite the Dua Qunut. After this, he will go into the ruku’ position and conclude the prayer as normally done.

1. He will make qasr in his workplace.[1]

Tahmid Chowdhury

[1]

Fatawa Mahmudiyyah 11/587-589

Maktabah Mahmudiyyah