Asked Country: Qatar

Title: How do I raise my child Islaamically?

AsalamuAlaikum mufti sb

I want to ask about baby boy name "Hani" "هاني" 

This name is not much known to people but I loved this very much because of its meaning and because of 12 or 13 Sahaba's name was "Hani". I saw in "Isaba fi tamyeez sahaba" of Hafiz ibn hajr. 

Pls tell me Is my research ok and name all The sahaba whose name was Hani R.A. and what should I say to people who say something about this name.also tell me the meaning of Hani.

هاني is  mukhaffaf of هانئ.

2. Please tell me what Duas to recite on baby on daily basis every mornig and evening,...

3. How to raise a child islamically from start and what to do for that. 

JzkAllah khairan

1)    Your research is correct. Hafiz Ibn Hajar mentiones 13 Sahaaba with the name of Haani[i].

The list is as follows

1. Hani ibn Jaz’ al-Muradi
  2. Hani ibn al-Harith al-Kindi
  3. Hani ibn Habib al-Dari
  4. Hani ibn Hajar al-Kindi
  5. Hani ibn ‘Adi al-Kindi
  6. Abu Shurayh Hani ibn ‘Amr al-Khuza‘i
  7. Hani ibn Faris (or Firas) al-Aslami (or al-Ashja‘i)
  8. Hani ibn Malik al-Hudmani
  9. Hani ibn Hani

10. Hani ibn Hubayra al-Makhzumi

11. Abu Burda Hani ibn Nayyar al-Balawi

12. Hani ibn Yazid al-Madhhaji

13. Abu Makhzum Hani al-Makhzumi

Hani is a good name for boys. It means to be happy, joyful and content.

You should acquaint yourself with the biography of at least few Sahaabah who were named Hani and when you are asked about the reason for keeping such a name, you can take the opportunity to revive the history of Sahaabah, tell them that it is the name of many Shaaabah and mention some merits of those Sahaabah.

You say that it’s not a common name, you should also intend to revive the names of the Sahaabah when naming your child.

2)    You may refer to the following for morning and evening duas.

3)    Raising a child is a huge responsibility. It is the parent’s responsibility to raise a child with the correct Islaamic values. In return, the child will be an investment for the parent’s hereafter.

Today’s children are tomorrows adults. We should always make dua that Allah Ta’ala accept them for the upliftment of Deen and make them ambassadors of Islaam.

Importance should be given to the following when bringing up a child

a)    Make your son know that you love him and make him also know that you are will reprimand him if he does wrong. To leave a child to do wrong is detrimental to the proper upbringing of the child.

b)    Give special attention to your son’s character. Let the child know that you can tolerate, but being rude and disrespectful is completely unacceptable.

c)    Demonstrate good conduct to him, don’t just preach good conduct. For example, if you want him to be generous, be generous in his presence so that he may learn through your conduct.

d)    Inculcate in him the love for Deen from very young so that he grows up loving Deen.

e)    Teach him Quraan and the Seerah(history) of Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and the Sahaabah (May Allah be pleased with them) so that Rasulullahi صلى الله عليه وسلم)) and the Sahaabah (May Allah be pleased with them) may become his role model and heroes.

f)     Don’t reprimand your child when you are angry as you would be giving vent to your anger rather than correcting him. When your anger subsides, pretend as though you are angry and reprimand him. In this there is more sincerity to correct him rather than giving vent to your anger.

g)    Instruct him to perform Salaah from the age of 7 years and reprimand him for missing out Salaah from the age of 10 years

h)    Monitor his friends and company. Bad friends and company will wash away your efforts of inculcating good in him.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Moulana Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa

الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة (٦/٤٠٨) 

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of