Title: Will I inherit from my grandparents?

Question

Asalam u alaikum.my mother passed away when both her parents(my grandparents)were alive.then later both of them also passed away.i want to know that whether i am a part of their inheritance or not.the govt of pakistan says that i will get a share from their property but shariah says no.just wanted to confirm whether i am a part of that inheritance or not.JazakAllah3

Answer

Kindly state who survived your late grandparents in order for us to advise further.

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatulahi wa baraka tuhoo

I have 3 aunts who survived my late grandparents...my late mothers sisters..JazakAllah..

Answer:         

The laws of Inheritance require detailed information about the family and relatives of the deceased. You should refer to a Darul Iftaa in Pakistan.

In general, the three daughters will be entitled to 2/3 of the estate. The remaining 1/3 will go to the closest relatives. We therefore advise you to refer to your local Darul Iftaa which will find out the appropriate information and advise accordingly.