Title: SEMrush and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

I m working in the digital marketing in the SEO( search engine optimization) and make advertisements Ads in Adwords. My question is very simple, I use competition intelligence tool to analyze the competitor's sites in search engines like google and etc..For ex: spy on their Keywords and see their top organic keywords, the benefit ones that bring traffic and copy them for example in my contents for better rankings.

see their backlinks profiles, that means to see where they get Links from other sites and try to extract some of them.
Check the advertisements of the competitors in Google Adwords and analyze how they are successful, the last seen and for how long time, the keywords that the competitors they used and much more.

Nowadays, all the companies in the digital marketing used these kinds of tools in order to analyze the competition. is that considered as spying in the Islam and is haram to do that, please check this link, u can find out more about the Tool that I m speaking about:

there are many features one of them is Organic research. otherwise, you can go to, then put your website in the search bar and you can see more how it works. The tool will give all the details of your website.
this video is a short description of how it works too:

According to our understanding SEMrush is a website which makes it easier to steal your competitors traffic by knowing their keywords.

A keyword is a word that serves as a code. It is a word that is used as a reference point for finding other words of its kind or any information regarding those words.

Defining a keyword narrows the search results down, making it easier for people who are interested in certain information to find it without going to the wrong web pages.

Having a website or blog is not enough, to be on the top in SERP (search engine results page) either organically or by using paid.

SEMrush is a tool tool that is specific to finding profitable keywords. We are living in a time now when SEO (Search Engine Optimization), is at the forefront of a successful website. SEMrush is a program many new and older bloggers are using to optimize their sites, create the content their audience wants and create a better experience for their visitors.

In principle, this site is permissible to use and will not be considered as spying.

Abdullah Syed Sajid

Houston, TX, USA 

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of