Title: Is our relationship directly with Allah or is it through Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam?

Question

Bismillaah Hirrahmaan Nirraheem

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuhu

Dear Mufti Saab,

A person told me "Allah swt in this Aayat is stating directly (not keeping the messenger in between) to the servant that He answers the supplicant prayers. Allah swt is closest to any servant. That's why there is no word used like *"tell them"* , that would mean there is somebody in between."

It is about the below qura verse 2:186

When my servants question you about Me, tell them that I am very close to them. I answer the prayer of every suppliant when he calls Me; therefore, they should respond to Me and put their trust in Me, so that they may be rightly guided. Al Baqarah 186

Jazakkallahu khairun

Answer

Every verse of the Quran was revealed to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam. Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam in turn conveyed every verse of the Quran to us including the verse in reference.

However, that does not affect a person’s direct relationship with Allah Taala when making dua to Allah Taala.

And Allah Taala Knows Best

Mehrazur Rahman

Brooklyn, NY, USA