Title: Can I marry my ex-teacher?

I have a question I wanted to ask. I am in college now and I like my former teacher. She is 7 years older than me. We haven't met since after my term but I wanted to ask her hand for marriage. Is it permisssible? She was my teacher and 7 years older than me and I think she has the same feelings for me, so is it okay? And I'm going to ask her hand for marriage after I get a proper job and I'm financially stable.

Marriage is a major step in one’s life. There are many things to consider in a marriage partner before deciding to marry. We advise you to consult your parents or a senior person in your family and seek their wise counsel on the issue.

We do not know what your exact query is. If your query is about marrying the women who is older than you, then our response is it is permissible to do so. If your query is something else, you may revert to us with your exact query.

As stated above, we advise you to exercise caution and not hasten into marriage.

Shibly bin Mizan

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of