Title: Capture and upload photo on LinkedIn

Question

Assalamualikum,

Alhamdulillah currently am working in MNC by the graces of Allah S.W.T. I want to know is it premissible to take a photogharh and upload a photo in Linkedin profile so that i can have a chance of getting better job, if Allah wish.

Till now i haven't uploaded anything ,but if photo is not uploaded then people will think it as a fake profile itseems(some of my friends told to me).

Is it allowed to invest in bitcoins?

Jazakallaukhaira

Answer

1) You are employed. You wish to upload your photo to get a better job.

In this circumstance, it is not permissible for you to do so as there is no pressing need to relax the prohibition of taking your picture which is prohibited by Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم). Consider the following Hadith;

«إِنَّ أَشَدَّ النَّاسِ عَذَابًا عِنْدَ اللَّهِ يَوْمَ القِيَامَةِ المُصَوِّرُونَ»

“Verity the most grievously tormented people on the Day of Resurrection would be the painters of pictures.”[1]

2) Cryptocurrencies, and in particular Bitcoin, are still in their infancies. There is a lot of contradicting information coming from economists and governments.

Kindly find attached the Darul Iftaas standard statement on Bitcoin;

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/38905

[1] صحيح البخاري ٥٩٥٠