Title: Husband feels rejected due to wife being annoyed with him

Question

Salam Alikum ,

I am currently dealing with a situation that I am requesting advice from you. I love my wife very dearly. She is a big niyam from Allah talah to me. She has done so much for me that I cannot even mention. However, she is currently very upset with me. She has some misconceptions about me. She thinks that I have done zulum on her. But the reality is I love her very very dearly but my bad habit is that I don't express how much I love her and how much I appreciate her for everything she does. However, I always make dua to Allah that 'O Allah, I cannot do anything to pay her back but you please give her lot of ajar in this life and hearafter'. THis is a constant dua that I make for her. But with the current event, I am very very hurt just because I cannot tolerate her being annoyed with me. I don't claim to be a very good person and in fact I am worse than an animal. But I have not decieved her for a single minute. That is the part that is hurting me as to what she is thinking about me. I don't know what to do. I am doing sabar and waiting for Allah talah to help us. But at times the pain is getting unbearable. I keep apologizing to her and beg her to not be annoyed but she does not even respond. I feel rejected. This is a unbearbale tough ride. To add to the problem my family members have supported her misconceptions (none of them are true). Now my wife has been more confident about her claims. Not sure why my family members also think that I am deceiving my wife. Why in the world would I do that with a person who I most dearly love. I am in a very tight situation and looks like they are continiusly telling her things. Only Allah knows the truth and I am depending only on him for help. Please provide some guidance. 

Answer

Approach your wife and try to address the misconceptions. If you cannot do that or she does not respond, request the intervention of an appropriate person who could arrange a meeting and assist in addressing the dispute between your wife and yourself.

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa