Title: Debt incurred from the bank

Question

Asalamo alaikum I was living in Uk for last 10 years. When I was in uk I was using credit cards having interest free offers. Due to some reason my visa was refused this year in January. And I have to leave

Answer

It is compulsory upon you to pay back the debt to the bank. You should make every possible effort to repay the loan.

Consider the following Hadeeth:

عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلمى الله عليه وسلم الله عليه وسلم الله عليه وسلم قال‏: ‏ ‏ "‏نفس المؤمن معلقة بدينه حتى يقضي عنه‏"‏ 

Translation: The Prophet () said, "The soul of the deceased believer remains pending on account of the debt till it (the debt) is repaid."

(Jami`At-Tirmidhi, Kitaabul-Janaaiz))

You state you have a property in Pakistan. Consider putting a system in place to pay the loan from the rentals received.

You may also write to the bank and inform them that your visa has been rejected and you will experience difficulty in repaying the loan.

Muhammad IV Patel