Asked Country: Australia

Title: Revert and non-Muslim wife

Question

Asalam Alaikum, ​Rahamathullah Wa Barkha thu,

​I am a revert, embraced Islam.My wife is a kafir. she doesn't want to embrace Islam. She is a disabled person and an orphan.

To this very day I continue my relationship with her as a husband.

Is it considered as haram and ​an ​act of Zina to have sex with my wife? And is my marriage is void?

I consulted a brother in my mosque. He said Allah knows my sufferings well. Allah wouldnt punish me for the act.

I tried hard to look for a Muslima to marry. But Mufti and matrimonial websites are of little help. I feel shunned by own mosque.

I have no muslim brothers and have little friends.

I am jobless and live in extreme isolation. I look after my aged parents.

Please advice on this matter and also suggest some duas to mitigate my sufferings.

Kind regards,
Rihan

Answer

You may contact Mufti Faisal Riza by email on : admin@fatwa.org.au. Mufti Faisal will guide you to appropriate people to assist you in your predicament and give dawah to your wife.

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa