Category: Miscellaneous
Fatwa#: 39581
Asked Country: Australia

Answered Date: Feb 09,2018

Title: Revert and non-Muslim wife



Asalam Alaikum, ​Rahamathullah Wa Barkha thu,

​I am a revert, embraced Islam.My wife is a kafir. she doesn't want to embrace Islam. She is a disabled person and an orphan.

To this very day I continue my relationship with her as a husband.

Is it considered as haram and ​an ​act of Zina to have sex with my wife? And is my marriage is void?

I consulted a brother in my mosque. He said Allah knows my sufferings well. Allah wouldnt punish me for the act.

I tried hard to look for a Muslima to marry. But Mufti and matrimonial websites are of little help. I feel shunned by own mosque.

I have no muslim brothers and have little friends.

I am jobless and live in extreme isolation. I look after my aged parents.

Please advice on this matter and also suggest some duas to mitigate my sufferings.

Kind regards,



In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

You may contact Mufti Faisal Riza by email on : Mufti Faisal will guide you to appropriate people to assist you in your predicament and give dawah to your wife.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Student Darul Iftaa

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.