Title: Interpretation of dream

Question

Assalam u alaikam,

I was hoping i could get an intrepertation of a dream that i saw. It's nothing bad nor something that i believe will harm me.

I once saw this dream where i was in my house and i walked over to my living room window and saw the most beautiful sunset. Now that i think of it i realized that there was a sunset in the spot where the sun usually rises. But anyway, i saw the sunset and i turned around to get the phone so i could take a picture and then i see that the sunset is completely gone. Then i look down and see a man standing there, he looked pretty old and no one that i recognize of. I don't recall ever seeing him. The old man pointed towards his left which was my right and i looked and i see the kabah and all the people surrounding it and doing their hajj.

I've always been wondering what my dream might have meant. It was such a beautiful dream but for some reason ever since it's always been bothering me cause i want to find out what it means. Please do reply soon

Jazakallahukhair.

Answer

Dear Brother,

We apologize for the late reply.

The sun setting in the opposite direction is a sign that Qiyamah (the last Hour) is near. Allah Ta’ala refers to the day of Qiyamah in many verses. Rasulullah Sallallahu alihi wasallam advises Qiyamah is near:

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: " بُعِثْتُ أَنَا وَالسَّاعَةُ كَهَاتَيْنِ وَأَشَارَ بِالسَّبَّابَةِ وَالْوُسْطَى"

Translation: Anas bin Malik (Radhyallahu Anhu) narrates that Nabi Sallallahu alihi wasallam said “The Hour and I were dispatched like these two” and he indicated with his index finger and middle finger (showing the nearness of the last day). Musnad Ahmad (19/271)

The vision of the Ka’bah Shareef refers to attaching one’s self to the Deen and actions of Deen. That is the means of our salvation.

Tareque Ahmed

_____________

مسند أحمد ط الرسالة (19/ 271)

12245- حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ: " بُعِثْتُ أَنَا وَالسَّاعَةُ كَهَاتَيْنِ "، وَأَشَارَ بِالسَّبَّابَةِ وَالْوُسْطَى.