Title: Buying and selling shares

Question

As per my company policy portion of our salary is used for the contribution to purchase the shares of our own company and we hv the provision to sell these shares anytime and use that money. My question is Is the money from these shares halal for me. This is a software company called CGI Group Inc

Answer

CGI Group Inc., more commonly known as CGI, is a Canadian global information technology (IT) consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, and solutions company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1976. [1]

CGI Group Inc. is a global information technology (IT) consulting system. The main business of the company is not violative of Shariah. [2]

The proceeds of the sale of one’s shares in CGI Group Inc. will be halaal.  

Rabiul Islam

Detroit, Michigan, USA 

[2]  “An Introduction to Islamic Finance” See page 143 from the following link.

http://daruliftaa.net/~dar60/index.php/resources/publications/finish/27%20publications/279-an-introduction-to-islamic-finance-mufti-taqi-usmani

اسلام اور جدید معاشی مسائل جلد 3 ص: 17،23  مکتبہ: ادارۂ اسلامیات) شیخ الاسلام مولانا محمد تقی عثمانی دامت برکاتہم

صفحہ 17: وہ کمپنی حرام کاروبار  میں ملوث نہ ہو-

صفحہ 23: اصل کاروبار حلال ہو-