Asked Country: Canada

Title: Marriage Istikharah

Question

salam brother 

I am a boy and i met one girl and we like each other so much  and we decided to do the nikka.  i did istekhara and i see it very positive. But the issue is my parents saw extremely negatives istekharas . My father did istekhara 8 times , each times he saw negatives. even he kept gap and did the istekhara in a peaceful mind . he still saw negatives.  he is telling me he cannot come to my nikka  in masjid because he cannot go  against  Allah's . he said he doesnt want to get punished in his grave if Allah clearly showed him bad thing and still he continued .  My father is a pious man who never skip a single prayers.  Now i am confused , and i want my father in my nikkah . I convinced him but he said he cannot come due to his istekhara. I  am wondering , who needs to do the istekhara the groom or the parents?  whose istekhara should i consider mine or his ? Will his negative istekhara affect my future life and will i be considered a disobedient boy?  Can I proceed with the wedding ? Please advice. 
 thanks you Mufti  

Answer

You state your father is pious. He made istikharah objectively and his istikharah turned out negative.

You should consider your father’s istikharah and exercise restraint from getting married.

It is possible your istikharah was a reflection of your mind as you had already decided to marry the girl.

Nevertheless, if you decide to proceed with the nikaah, your father’s negative istikharah should not be an obstacle for him to attend the nikaah.

Muhammad