Title: Working in an investment bank

Question

Assalamualaikum..I am a bcom graduate..my specialisation is FINANCE ..I want to know that can i work in investment banks?? An investment bank is typically a private company that provides various financial-related and other services to individuals, corporations, and governments such as raising financial capital by underwriting or acting as the client's agent in the issuance of securities... Can u please show me the right and halal path to start my career??? 

Answer

May Allah increase your consciousness of earning halaal income. May Allah grant you halaal and wholesome income. Aameen.

In order for us to issue you a ruling, we need to know your role in the investment bank. However, the concept of underwriting is not permissible.

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Moulana Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa