Category:
Asked Country: Australia

Title: Revert has been divorced three times and wants to do Halalah

Question

Salam alaykym , I’m an Australian revert of 3 years I got married straight away . We had a lot of marriage problems due to difference in culture and our families .. my husband divorced me on 3 seperate occasions the last divorce was 4 months ago and all were regretted by us both as I was In his face saying ‘divorce me’not understanding the consequences been a new practicing Muslim and now I am in my iddat and am currently pregnant and due in a couple of weeks .. I read about halala and I want to do it so I can remarry my ex husband as we are both unhappy with our family been apart and it’s hard on us all and our kids miss him a lot .. my ex husband said he won’t be able to handle taking me back after another man has touched me .. what does consummation actually mean ?? Is it sexual intercourse or can I just kiss and touch etc and that has consummated the marriage ? Please get back to me ASAP

Answer

We make Dua Allah grant you the courage to overcome your difficulty. Ameen. We do not know where you reside in Australia. If you are in Melbourne, we advise you to refer to Mufti Faisal Riza of Darul Iftaa Melbourne (www.mufti-online.net) to assess the various statements of your husband and advise you accordingly. If you reside elsewhere, you may seek the advice of Mufti Faisal Riza to refer to an appropriate scholar.

In the meanwhile, turn to Allah with Zikr and Dua.