Asked Country: Romania

Title: Big Bazar Voucher

Question

Super market offer clarity

In India, we get an offer from BIG Bazar (largest Indian retail mall)

If you take a card of Rs 5000 then the company will credit Rs 6000 in your account. This amount can be utilized in each purchase made in future.

Rule-

1. In your total bill, company will provide a discount of 400/month
  2. In case you could not shop for one month then the following month you will get 800 discount
  3. Each month it is 400, you can accumulate and use in future till 15 months
  4. Sometimes while availing this offer they may provide extra 150 voucher aswell
  5. This will include all offers made on individual items in 15 months i.e consumer will avail item wise benefits and at the time of billing 400 discount in one month

Is this offer halal as per Sharia.

I utilized this offer once, do I need to refund or give as charity this amount in case not halal. I consider this as my mistake for not clarifying before availing this offer.

Answer

We have browsed through the website of Big Bazar it says: Big Bazaar launches its new program "Profit Club Rs 5000 card". On paying Rs 5000, customers will get a membership card topped up with Rs 6000, with which they can shop for Rs 400 every month for 15 months This card can be used across 240 + Big Bazaars, Food Bazaars and fbb- Fashion at Big Bazaar stores across the country. In case you miss shopping in a particular month, the amount can be carried forward to the next month. [1]

The information provided by you is in contrast to the details on the website.

Please clarify the above. Furthermore, will a customer lose his money if he fails to shop within 15 months? Will the company refund the balance amount after 15 month?

Anas Sharieff Qasmi.

Hyderabad, India.

[1] https://www.bigbazaarprofitclub.com/aboutUsPage