Title: Giving gifts to your prospective wife

Question

Assalamualykum warahmatullah

i went to see a potential spouse for marriage a couple of weeks ago, after a few days my father called the girls father and he said that the girl refused. but yesterday my dad spoke to the girls father and he said the girl would like to have another meeting. i just wanted to know that when i go and see her a second time can i take her a small gift like some chocolate or flowers? i dont have any bad intentions i just thought it would be a nice gesture, also the girls father suggested to my dad that if i gave the girl flowers or something she would like that. please let me know if this is ok.

JazakAllah Khair

Answer

It is not advisable for you to personally offer a gift to the girl who wishes to see you again.

However, a member of your family, for example, your mother may present gifts when meeting the family with you.