Title: Can I leave my present job for a new job?

Question

Assalamalaikum

I am a freelancer currently on ctractual assignment with a pharmaceutical company. The contract may or may not be extended beyond its targeted end date. A recruiter in the meantime contact me for a full time position with a financial giant and, informed me that my resume is short-listed for interview.

Given the changing job situations and, my age (I am nearing 50), if I let the above position pass by, I am not sure if I will be able to get a job in time if the pharma company lets me go at end of contact. I have a family to support and, take care of my childrens' education.

Please let me know if I should proceed with the interview with the financial company for the full time position or, I wait till end of contract with pharmaceutical company

Answer

You did not state your proposed job description in the financial company.

We advise you proceed with the interview and enquire the details of the job description. In the meanwhile, you may continue your job at the pharmaceutical company. You should wait and observe the response from the interview and the extension of your present contract and weigh your options at that stage.

Over and above all, turn to Allah through Salaah, Dua and Zikr for assistance.

Tanzania