Asked Country: Saudi Arabia

Title: Neuro-linguistics programming for coaching and mentoring purposes

Question

Asalamualikum,  is neuro-linguistics programming for coaching and mentoring purposes - halal or haram? 

I was referring to the link 

Www.teachingenglish.org/uk/article/neuro-linguistic-programming-elt

I am working as a coach and my boss has experience in nlp and that frustrates me as i can't catch people's minds as easily as he can. Can i learn this for coaching the English language teachers?

Jazakalla khair 

Answer

Kindly note the link provided does not exist.

NLP is a pragmatic school of thought - an 'epistemology' - that addresses the many levels involved in being human. NLP is a multi-dimensional process that involves the development of behavioral competence and flexibility, but also involves strategic thinking and an understanding of the mental and cognitive processes behind behavior. NLP provides tools and skills for the development of states of individual excellence, but it also establishes a system of empowering beliefs and presuppositions about what human beings are, what communication is and what the process of change is all about. At another level, NLP is about self-discovery, exploring identity and mission. It also provides a framework for understanding and relating to the 'spiritual' part of human experience that reaches beyond us as individuals to our family, community and global systems. NLP is not only about competence and excellence, it is about wisdom and vision[1].

It would be permissible to learn and use the neuro-linguistics programming provided that one does not act upon or preach those aspects therein that are contrary to the pristine teachings of Islaam.

And Allaah Ta’aala Knows Best