Title: Medical Aid

Question

Asalaamu alaikum respected Mufti 

. please advise and give advice on medical aid and hospital plan

My wife is currently pregnant and I am not able to pay doctors expensive billsplesse advise if any medical aid and hospital plan is Shari'ah compliant and halaal to have. 

I do not want to get involved in haraam or gambling and RIBA. 

Government hospitals are ALSO not in good condition for our Muslim women to be in. .

Please shine some light on this matter and a way forward

Jazakallah

.

Answer

There is no Shariah compliant medical aid in South Africa[1].

We advise you to consult with a Mufti in whom you have confidence in and present your medical requirement and financial situation before him for an assessment and specific ruling.

Muhammad Yaasir Iunus Hussen

Mozambique 

[1] نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ بَيْعِ الْحَصَاةِ وَعَنْ بَيْعِ الْغَرَرِ

صحيح مسلم (3/ 1153) 

Ahsanul Fataawaa vol7 pag 25

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَذَرُوا مَا بَقِيَ مِنَ الرِّبَا إِنْ كُنْتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ (278) فَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلُوا فَأْذَنُوا بِحَرْبٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ.

البقرة: 278 – 279

يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنْ الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْسِرِ قُلْ فِيهِمَا إِثْمٌ كَبِيرٌ وَمَنَافِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَإِثْمُهُمَا أَكْبَرُ مِنْ نَفْعِهِمَا"

البقرة219 /

الضرورة تبيح المحظورات