Title: can a woman in her iddah attend her examination

Question

Assalam o alaikum I have been divorced recently in july and my iddat is to complete by oct, i have written examination on 19 sept, can i go out of my home during my iddat for examination or not ? Also i live in karachi and test center is in hyderabad so i have to travel from karachi to hyderabad it is about 2-3 hour journey through car so my second question is if i can travel that much or its not allowed JazakAllah

Answer

Answer:

Sister in islam.

We apologize for the delay.

It is not permissible for you to leave your home and travel to another city to attend your exam whilst in iddah.[1][2][3][4][5]

Anas Sharieff Qasmi.

Hyderabad, India.

[1] فتاویٰ دینیہ٣/٥٤٤   [2]  فتاویٰ حقانیة٤/٥٤١  

Fatawa Taatarkhaniyah [244/5][3]

المعتدة من الطلاق لا تخرج من بيتها ليلا ولا نهارا

[4]قوله تعالى :لا تخرجوهن من بيوتهن ولا يخرجن الاخ [سوره طلق:١]

[5]بدائع الصنائع [٤٥٣-٤/٤]