Title: How can I advise my mother regarding Hijab?

Question

Assalamualaykum. I have 2 questions inshaAllah. The first one is; Is an adult muslim son, allowed to advise his mother and sister about hijab and modest dress code? The second question is; One of my requirements for a potential spouse, would be that she is strict with hijab, and wears hijab in front of all non mehrams including brother in law and cousin brothers. Some family members argue that if she isn't currently strict with hijab, i shouldn't disregard her as a potential spouse as Allah gives hidayah at any time. Personally i would feel really uneasy and uncomfortable if the girl isn't already wearing hijab according to it's laws, and i feel i have a right to politely decline a girl for marriage if that is the case. Am i right in doing so or is that sinful? Jazakallah.

Answer

1. An adult son is obliged to advise his mother or sister on the laws of hijab. In doing so he should maintain his respect for his mother and compassion for his sister. Wisdom and diplomacy are the most effective in offering advice.
  2.  Hijab is an important consideration for a potential spouse. However, it is not all. There is much more than the issue of hijab to consider in a potential spouse. 

Huzaifah Deedat