Title: Is finger exercise permissible due to viginismus?

Question

Salams

I have had difficulty in sexual intimacy with my husband for our marriage of 3 years.  There have been OK times but overall full penetration has not happened and it affects our marriage.  It is also sometimes quite painful. I have been to professionals who say I have Vaginismus, involuntary tightening of the vagina. I have been advised that to do certain excersises,one of which is to insert finger in the vagina and slowly build up. My husband was very supportive at first around 1 year ago but is no longer, and intimacy is more difficult in there is less foreplay, he holds grudges against me in not fulfilling him fully. It is not my fault and have tried very hard and taken the pain and have researched a lot. An I allowed to insert my own finger if I feel comfortable which I don't fully as yet, to continue the excercises, without intention of pleasure and without resulting in pleasure too?

JazakAllah khair 

Answer

The exercise in reference without the intention of seeking pleasure will be regarded as a form of treatment if it is advised by your medical practitioner.[1]

Ridwaan Ibn Khalid Esmail [Kasak]

Katete, Zambia  

[1] الدر المختار وحاشية ابن عابدين (رد المحتار) (2/ 399)

لا يقدر على الوصول إليها لعذر قال أبو الليث أرجو أن لا وبال عليه وأما إذا فعله لاستجلاب الشهوة فهو آثم اهـ.

الناشر: دار الفكر-بيروت

فتاوی محمودیہ 143/29

فرج میں ادخال اصبع سے کھیلنا

کوئ غرض صحیح اس سے متعلق ہو تو اس پر غور کیا جا سکتا ہے

ناشر: مکتبہ محمودیہ