Asked Country: Australia

Title: Thoughts of suicide

Question

Asalamalaikum, 

I've been in a really bad place lately. I'm sick and tired of my life. I feel like the past several years have been one test after another and I just don't have it in me to deal with it anymore. I have suicidal thoughts. I pray that I die, Astaghfirullah sometimes its as if its zikr.. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I've tried almost everything. Nothing I do seems to turn out the way I think it will. Not even things I say. I'll mean one thing and say something entirely different. I keep ruining things. I'm just tired. 

Answer

We advise you to seek counsel from someone who knows you and is Deeni conscious and you have confidence in.

The ideal person to consult should be a professional person who has experience dealing with such issues.

Present your difficulties to him. Request him to analyse your condition and advise you.

Life is full of challenges. Shari’ah has advised us to consult with appropriate people to overcome the challenges of our lives.

Muhammed Al-Ameen Bin Ismail Akoo

Newcastle; KZN, South Africa