Category:
Asked Country: Saint Kitts and Nevis

Title: Low Breast Milk supply

Question

Asalamu alaykum,
My question is regarding my child's feeding requirements. My child is 4 month old and I am unable to fulfil his milk requirements. My breast milk supply is getting low day by day. And I have to depend on milk formula to satisfy his hunger. There is pressure from my family that the child should at least be breast fed for two years, my child cries when he suckles milk but doesn't get it, this really is making me feel guilty, and my pregnancy has been with lot of hurdles and struggles. And this problem is making me really depressive. Please give me a Dua or wazaif from your Islamic knowledge for my problem. I would be very grateful to you.
Jazakallah khair.

Answer

We make dua’a Allah ease your difficulty and grant wholesome nourishment for your child. Ameen

We are living in this world of means. We assess challenging situations and adopt necessary means to address our challenges.

The lack of milk supply is a medical issue. You should consult an experienced female breastfeeding counselor or lactation counselor as there are many therapies, supplements, diets, etc. to increase milk supply.

Discuss the outcome with family members so that they understand your predicament and assist you.

M. Mahmood Baig                                 

Jeddah, KSA