Title: Masturbation Habit

Question

AssalamuAlaikum.

Firstly, I have a very bad habit of masturbation. Almost every alternate night I do it. I am making Duaa and Istigfaar every now and then. But still after making tauba, again I do this filthy sin. Please help me out.

Secondly, I speak with girls on social media. Many times I do dirty texts.  I do setting only and don't and any images. This excites me a lot which sometimes results in masturbation too. I want to get rid of this bad habit too. 

Thirdly, I am very much in need of a good job. From very long time I am jobless. I have applied to many companies. I also appear for an interview, but they reject me every time. I am very much in distress. Due to this, nobody is ready to give a girl for me in Nikah. Please help me out and tell me some Duas and Wazifa for this problem.

JazakAllah.

Answer

You acknowledge that Masturbation is a filthy habit and a sin.

It is the acknowledgment that makes you feel uneasy and want to reform. The acknowledgment of a sinful act is stepping stone to tawba and reformation.

The carnal desire in a person is natural. However it should not be jolted unnaturally. You state you are on social media and chat with girls which causes excitement in you. It is obvious that such communications will jolt your carnal desires. If butter is placed next to fire, it will melt. If you touch an electric wire, it will shock you. Chatting with girls is leading you to the bad habit in reference. You should abstain from all forms of social media. In fact, it is Haram for you to have a phone with social media app as that is leading you to sin.If need be, use a simple phone without social media app. Obtain the biographies of pious people and read their biographies. If you could have time for social media and instil evil in you, use that time to read books of pious people and instil good morals in you.

If you are unable to control your carnal desires, you should fast.

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said[i]: “O group of youth whoever has the ability to marry then he should marry for verily this is a means of lowering ones gazes and protecting ones chastity. Whoever cannot do so then he should take to fasting for verily this is a shield for him.”(Bukhari[ii]/Chapter of Fasting.Hadith 1905) 

Muhammad Yaasir Iunus Hussen

Mozambique

[i] عمدة القاري شرح صحيح البخاري (20/ 68)

حدَّثنا عُمَرُ بنُ حَفْصِ بنِ غياثٍ حَدثنَا أبي حَدثنَا الأعْمَشُ قَالَ: حدّثني عُمارَةُ عنْ عبْدِ الرَّحْمانِ بنِ يَزِيدَ، قَالَ: دَخَلْتُ معَ عَلْقمَةَ والأسْوَدِ علَى عبْدِ الله، فَقَالَ عبْدُ الله: كُنّا مَعَ النبيَّ صلى الله عَلَيْهِ وَسلم شَبابا لَا نجِدُ شَيْئا، فَقَالَ لَنا رسُولُ الله صلى الله عَلَيْهِ وَسلم: يَا مَعْشَرَ الشَّبابِ مَنِ اسْتَطاعَ الباءَةَ فلْيَتَزَوَّجْ، فإِنّهُ أغضُّ لِلْبَصَرِ وأحْصَنُ لِلْفَرْجِ، ومَنْ لمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فعَلَيْهِ بالصَّوْمِ فإِنّهُ لَهُ وِجاءٌ.

فتح الباري لابن حجر (9/ 108)

مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ مِنْكُمُ الْجِمَاعَ لِقُدْرَتِهِ عَلَى مُؤَنِهِ وَهِيَ مُؤَنُ النِّكَاحِ فَلْيَتَزَوَّجْ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعِ الْجِمَاعَ لِعَجْزِهِ عَنْ مُؤَنِهِ فَعَلَيْهِ بِالصَّوْمِ لِيَدْفَعَ شَهْوَتَهُ وَيَقْطَعَ شَرِّ مَنِيِّهِ كَمَا يقطعهُ الوجاء

[ii] «يَا مَعْشَرَ الشَّبَابِ، مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ البَاءَةَ فَلْيَتَزَوَّجْ، فَإِنَّهُ أَغَضُّ لِلْبَصَرِ وَأَحْصَنُ لِلْفَرْجِ، وَمَنْ لَمْ يَسْتَطِعْ فَعَلَيْهِ بِالصَّوْمِ فَإِنَّهُ لَهُ وِجَاءٌ»

صحيح البخاري (7/ 3)