Category: Business Matters
Fatwa#: 38493
Asked Country: Qatar

Answered Date: Aug 30,2017

Title: What should I do to a person who cheated on my dad’s partnership?


Assalaam Alaikum,

My Question is related to my father business partner. My Father Invested money into a business (Construction) in partnership. Investor was my father and his partner was working partner after many business deals he never disclose the actual profit of the business. My father passed away couple of year back and he only gave us lump sum amount which is very small without telling the truth and disclosing the turnover for last 25 years.Now he is very rich man and performs Umrah 2-3 times in a year and perform Hajj every year.Many times he gave false promises to my father when he was alive that your partnership is here in this property and that property but never gave in writing. One of the property belongs to my father he sold out without taking the permission of my father.

What should be the solution for this now because we don't have enough money  to buy house and do some business.

How to deal with this person and get the actual partnership profit amount which my father invested with him.

My father invested money based on the trust but he took the wrong advantage of it this is not acceptable in Islam which i believe.

Please give your advise on this issue.


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

We advise that you identify a person that has influence on both families and request him to intervene in the matter. The matter could also be referred to your Local Ulama Body for mediation or arbitration according to Shariah.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ridwaan Ibn Khalid Esmail [Kasak]

Student Darul Iftaa
Katete, Zambia  

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.