Title: Grinding teeth during sleep

Question

My son is 6 and half year old living in USA. During his sleep he is grinding his teeth too much and he does not have sound sleep during night time. He wakes very often during intial few hours  but grinding is all the way to morning. He is  having sharp memory and doing great in school and in Madrasa study. When my wife discussed this problem of son to an Alim who is  originally from Pakistan living in New York (old guy and Tablighi), Alim told her that he (son) could be either under the influence of Jinn or some one may have done magic to your son. Alim didn't see my son and said this. Is this true?? Is grinding of teeths could be  related above to above two effects??

Answer

Brother in Islaam,

We make du’aa that Allaah Ta’aala blesses your son and takes him from strength to strength. Aameen.

While the influence and effects of jinn and magic are true and proven in the Ahaadith, how did the ‘Aalim conclude that your son is indeed effected by such? It is incorrect to assume every problem to be an effect of jinn, magic or nazr. We advise you to consult your son’s physician to diagnose the problem.