Answered Date: May 29,2017

Title: RAMADHAAN FAQs [PART 2]

Question

RAMADHAAN FAQs [PART 2]

Answer

RAMADHAAN FAQs [PART 2]

Q: Can eardrops be used?

A: If a person’s eardrum is imperforated, he may use ear drops.  If someone has perforated ear drums, it will not be permissible to use ear drops.

Q: Can we use insulin injections whilst fasting?

A: It is permissible to use insulin injections.  Injections do not break a fast.

Q: Will a nasal spray break the fast?

A: Yes, a nasal spray will break the fast.

Q: I engaged in intercourse with my spouse?

A: Intercourse will invalidate the fast and will make Qadhā and Kaffārah compulsory.

Q: I had a wet dream whilst fasting.  Is my fast broken?

A: A wet dream will not invalidate the fast.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

DONATE TO THE DARUL IFTAA

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabarakatuh.

Respected Brother/Sister in Islam.

The Darul Iftaa requests your kind contributions of Lillah and Zakaah funds. The academic and welfare services of the Darul Iftaa are well known and could be seen on the following websites:

www.askimam.org

www.idealwoman.org

www.tasawwuf.daralmahmood.org

THE DARUL IFTAA BANKING DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. Type: Lillah

Bank: FNB

Branch: 223726

Account Number: 62292858910

2. Type: Zakaat

Bank: FNB

Branch: 220629

Account Number: 62315858136

The Darul Iftaa has set up an account with Payfast for foreign donors. Kindly click here to contribute: 

Jazakallahu Khayra.

ADMIN - DARUL IFTAA (On Behalf of Mufti Ebrahim Desai)

PS: If you require section 18 certificates, kindly contact us before donating. Receipts will be issued upon request.

The Darul Iftaa is registered and has the following PBO exemption number: 930039227