Fatwa#: 38385
Asked Country: United States

Answered Date: Aug 02,2017

Title: Advice regarding marrying a male whose parents might not accept


Salam, i would like to ask a question about something ive been going through. I want to get married to a guy ive been talking to for a while but the family and mother doesnt agree or like the idea because we were in a haram realationship is there any dua i can say to help us get married. We both really love eachother and want to marry eachother but recently stopped talking because we realized it was bad. So idk what to do i really wanna marry him but i feel like his family and mother will never accept me and he doesnt wanna marry me unless they do. I have been searching duas and thinking about ways to make this work so please give me advice or duas that can help me.



Marriage is an important step in one’s life. It requires deep thought, maturity and insight before committing to marriage.

You refer to the mother & family of the boy and your fear of them not accepting you. You should discuss the issue with your parents. They love you and have insight in what is best for you. Trust their love for you and follow their counsel.

Sister, you should maintain your dignity, honour and self-esteem. Feelings and emotions may subject you to embarrassing situations. If the boy cannot respectfully marry you, you should not subject yourself to vain hopes and aspirations.

Turn to Allah to grant you a most suitable and compatible partner. May Allah grant you a suitable and compatible partner. Aameen

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Student Darul Iftaa 

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.


DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.