Category:

Title: Advice regarding marrying a male whose parents might not accept

Question

Salam, i would like to ask a question about something ive been going through. I want to get married to a guy ive been talking to for a while but the family and mother doesnt agree or like the idea because we were in a haram realationship is there any dua i can say to help us get married. We both really love eachother and want to marry eachother but recently stopped talking because we realized it was bad. So idk what to do i really wanna marry him but i feel like his family and mother will never accept me and he doesnt wanna marry me unless they do. I have been searching duas and thinking about ways to make this work so please give me advice or duas that can help me.

Answer

Sister-in-Islam

Marriage is an important step in one’s life. It requires deep thought, maturity and insight before committing to marriage.

You refer to the mother & family of the boy and your fear of them not accepting you. You should discuss the issue with your parents. They love you and have insight in what is best for you. Trust their love for you and follow their counsel.

Sister, you should maintain your dignity, honour and self-esteem. Feelings and emotions may subject you to embarrassing situations. If the boy cannot respectfully marry you, you should not subject yourself to vain hopes and aspirations.

Turn to Allah to grant you a most suitable and compatible partner. May Allah grant you a suitable and compatible partner. Aameen

Aboobakr Siddeeq bin Mufti Amjad Mohammad

Azaadville, JHB, South Africa