Title: Government job

Asalamualikum  dear my question is about is it permisible for an aalim to do a goverment job.  A boy my relative  has completed his aalim degree in naduatul uloom india now he wants to do P.HD and then go for goverment job, is it permisible for him.

It is permissible for any Muslim, Alim or non Alim to be a government employee. The Shariah compliancy of his job depends on his job profile. Furthermore this principle even applies to working in private companies.

Imran Patel

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of