Title: Which type of Hajj should I perform?

Question

Asslamoalikum,

I am looking to do hajj this year inshaAllah, was doing some research to which hajj should i perform 

Tammo'tu or Qiran

my preference was to do the same as what our beloved Prophet Muhammed (may peace be upon him) has done which is Qiran but looking at ahadiths he had ordered people who dont have hadi (animal to sacrifice) with them to perform Tammo'tu 

My question is i am going from UK and wont have hadi (not possible in todays time) am i allowed to do Qiran or because prophet (may peace be upon him) has ruled if no hadi you do Tammo'tu i am better off doing Tammo'tu. (Sahih Bhukhari--Volume 2, Book 26, Number 623)

As well as in one of ahaidth during Qiran prophet (may peace be upon him) after his umrah He proceeded towards the highest places of Mecca near Al-Hujun nd he was assuming the Ihram for Hajj and did not go near the Ka'ba after he performed Tawaf (round it) till he returned from 'Arafat(Sahih bhukhari Volume 2, Book 26, Number 617:), does that mean who ever intends to Qiran once umrah is done he should not return to Haram until he returns from Arafat.

Jazakullah Khair.

Answer

The type of Hajj performed by Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is Tamattu’ bi sowqil Hadi, that is taking the animal with.

Tamattu’ is like Hajj-e-Qiran in terms of the Ihram and its implications.

If one performs Hajj-e-Qiran, he may remain in Makkah after performing Tawaf-e-Qudoom and continue performing tawaafs. There is no need to go out of Makkah.

Saad Haque

New Jersey, USA