Title: Trying to stop watching haram videos

Question

Assalamu Alaykum

I have a question on the best way to stop masturbation. I watch lots of haram videos and masturbate but do not reach climax and ejaculate. I manage to stop myself before reaching that point. I know its a grave sin and I'm trying to cut down. My problem is, if I do reach climax, I release the tension I can suppress myself from even looking at haram for weeks, but if I keep stopping myself from ejaculating I end up watching so much haram everyday and getting closer everytime. I feel like I'm doing worse by watching so much haram. I know ideally I should stop everything altogether, but that's difficult. Should I just continue to try watch less (which isn't guaranteed), or just do it one time every few weeks and i will be confident that I wont even do any haram looking for weeks? Then I can slowly increase that time. Or is the sin for reaching climax much much greater than zina of looking? Also Is zina of the eyes a major sin, or can it be forgiven by good deeds etc?

I hope you understand my question

JazakhAllah khair

Answer

You state you know you should stop watching haram videos, but it is difficult. You enquire whether you should continue seeing haram videos and decrease it.

When a person is addicted to a sin, it is a challenge to abandon it. However, if one has a strong resolve and intention, he will overcome that difficulty. The reality is if one continues the haram act, he actually experiences much more difficulties than the enjoyment and pleasure at the time of sin. When one feeds his sin, the sin becomes hungrier and its appetite increases. It is like going deeper into the hole of sin. When one has the strongest urge of sin and suppresses it, that is the beginning of his real manhood.

Huzaifah Deedat