Category: Business Matters
Fatwa#: 37631
Asked Country: South Africa

Answered Date: Jan 18,2017

Title: Hospital Plan


Since I am earning a basic salary and only meet my household needs for each month with only a little left over to spend on odds and ends what possible ways are there for me to ensure that my wife is able to give birth In a decent enough place that has correct treatment facilities and doctors.

I understand private hospitals are expensive and so are specialists. So is there any way that a normal gp can perform the delivery in a public hospital but at the same time ensuring that the wife giving birth gets the correct treatments.

Or is there any medical aid or hospital plan available out there that us most shariah compliant in order to help this need ?

Similarly are there any facilities that are not expensive that the wife can go to for delivery and or check ups

This is a question in need as some places are really in a bad state and to send women there and to be on those beds are not the best.


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Our domain is to offer guidance in issues pertaining to Shariah. The queries in paragraph 2 and 4 are pertaining to cheap and effective medical services.  We do not offer guidance in such issues. You may refer to Roshmed for a Shariah compliant hospital plan.


ROSHMED( Hospital Scheme)

37, Kruger Avenue, Vereeniging, 1939

P.O BOX 2372, Vereeniging,1930

Tel: 016 422 2570

Fax: 016 422 2568


And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ibn Jibran Kadarkhan

Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai




DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.