Asked Country: Canada

Title: Urine mark on bed. Is the bed is impure?

Question

My nephew had peed on my bed, since then – there's a big mark of urine/pee on my bed. Is the bed now considered to be impure, even if the bed cover has been place over the bed. I had some duas while lying on the bed and had no idea  about this, are my duas void because I was lying on the bed (over the same place where the mark is but the bed sheet was placed) ? Can I normally do the worship/duas while sitting on the same bed?

Answer

The area where the urine mark is on the bed is impure. If you wash that area then, it will become pure (paak). The duas which you recited while lying on the bed are valid.[1]

Ibn Jibran Kadarkhan

Mauritius

[1]

و بول غير ماكول و لو من ضغير لم يطعم....(الدر المختار) قوله لم يطعم اى لا ياكل ، فلا بد من غسله. 

فالغليظة كخمر...بول ما لا يؤكل لحمه كالآدمى ولو رضيعا(رد المحتار،1/318,باب الاجناس ، سعيد)

و كذا فى الفتاوى العالمكيرية ،1/46,الفصل الثانى فى الاعيان النجسة،رشيدية.

فتاوى محمودية، 5/227,فاروقى