Title: Is the described method of using a credit card to maximize ebucks return permissible?

Asalaamu alaikum

FNB ebuck on the FNB credit card-

I have an FNB credit card only for convenience purposes, and have never used the credit facility. This credit card is linked to my Ebcuks account.

In recent months I have changed the way i bank and purchase items, online and instore.

Because I am able to earn more (double) ebucks by purchasing instore/online with my credit card- i now transfer my monthly budget from my cheque account onto my credit card. i then make all my purchases using my credit card, in order to maximize my ebucks return. I carefully monitor my credit account to ensure that i dont exceed my the money transferred from my cheque account.

Another important reason why i choose to use the credit card, is because i feel it is more safer than swiping my cheque card. As fraudulent transactions can be easily reversed from my credit card but cannot be reversed from my cheque card.

Is my method of using my credit card allowed?

The method in reference for using a credit card to earn eBucks is permissible.[1]

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Baltimore, USA 

DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of