Category:

Title: Is the described method of using a credit card to maximize ebucks return permissible?

Question

Asalaamu alaikum

FNB ebuck on the FNB credit card-

I have an FNB credit card only for convenience purposes, and have never used the credit facility. This credit card is linked to my Ebcuks account.

In recent months I have changed the way i bank and purchase items, online and instore.

Because I am able to earn more (double) ebucks by purchasing instore/online with my credit card- i now transfer my monthly budget from my cheque account onto my credit card. i then make all my purchases using my credit card, in order to maximize my ebucks return. I carefully monitor my credit account to ensure that i dont exceed my the money transferred from my cheque account.

Another important reason why i choose to use the credit card, is because i feel it is more safer than swiping my cheque card. As fraudulent transactions can be easily reversed from my credit card but cannot be reversed from my cheque card.

Is my method of using my credit card allowed?

jazakallah 

Answer

The method in reference for using a credit card to earn eBucks is permissible.[1]

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Baltimore, USA