Category: Business Matters
Fatwa#: 37467
Asked Country: Botswana

Answered Date: Feb 16,2017

Title: Home Finance


Asalamlikum My question is regarding home finance. If the employer buys as house in their name from a bank and there is an agreement between the employee and the employer that they would give the house to the employee as a part of his salary package and deduct certain amount from his salary. After say 7-8 years that deduction shall be considered payment towards the house and the house will be transferred in the name of the employee. Pls note the house shall remain in the name of the employer during this period and the employee has no dealing with the bank directly. The company is making the payment to the bank and deducting from the employee's salary. Is the transaction between the employee and the employer halaal?


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

In order for us to advise you, answer the following,

1.Is the employer a muslim or non-muslim?

2. Did the employee appoint the employer as his representative(wakeel) to purchase the house on his behalf by deducting a portion of his salary?

3. Once the employer paid for the house, does he have a right not to give the house to the employee? Does the employee have a claim over the house by virtue of his wages being deducted?


And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Huzaifah Deedat

Student Darul Iftaa
Lusaka, Zambia 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.






DISCLAIMER - questions answers issues pertaining to Shar'ah. Thereafter, these questions and answers are placed for public view on for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and cannot be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
  • The Shar's ruling herein given is based specifically on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of
  • Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.