Answered Date: Apr 13,2017

Title: Hurmatul Musaharah Query

Question

URGENT!! I have read the establishment of harmah al musahara, and I am sure that I have committed this act with my step mother. Can repentance solve the issue or I need to go talk to my father and my step mother?

Answer

The ruling and repercussions of Hurmah al-Musaharah are delicate, complicated, and harsh. Each case should be considered on an individual case-by-case basis. Thus, we advise you to send us a detailed account of the encounter between yourself and your step-mother before a ruling is issued.[1]

Nonetheless, you should engage yourself in constant Istighfar and Tawbah expressing remorse over your actions.

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Baltimore, USA