Title: My parents want me to get married to a hindu guy.

Question

what to do and how to face the problems which i am facing at my home because my parents are still hindu i am 27 years old and they want me to marry with a hindu guy. Now being a muslim i can not marry a non muslim guy. My parents don't even let me go out to do any work or job 24 hrs i stay at my home only . i know i am blessed that Allah swt poured his rehmat on me and gave hidayat to see what is right and what is wrong. The boy whom i love, who became vert imprtnt in my life and because of whom i accepted islam, has now left me for his family reputation and going to marry with his mother's choice girl. You tell me what should i do now. Everyday i wake up in the morning ,thinking that may be this day will bring some good news for me but things are not changing at all. Feeling so helpless . i do lots of dua to Allah ,cry everyday. So depressed. Plz suggest me what should i do now???

Answer

Almighty Allah has blessed you with the greatest gift of Imaan. Allah Taala made you valuable after being worthless. You should feel proud of yourself. There is no reason to feel worthless and depressed.

At times certain things happen in our lives that cause us a lot of pain and grief. When our plans do not work out, we become upset and disappointed. However, only Allah knows the reality of the situation and how things would have really worked out in the future. At times, Allah in His infinite knowledge and love saves us from such great calamities which we would deem as a great loss. This is clearly illustrated in the following verse of the Holy Quran,

عَسَى أَنْ تَكْرَهُوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ وَعَسَى أَنْ تُحِبُّوا شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَكُمْ

“It possible that you may dislike something whilst it is good for you and it is possible that you love something whilst it is bad for you ;(Baqarah, Verse 216)

We advise that you seek support and assistance from the local Ulama governing body. Explain to them about your plight and they will assist and advise accordingly. Stay steadfastness on your Deen. Your pain will be converted to happiness with an eternal investment for yourself. You have no reason to be sad, worthless and dead. You have all the reason to be happy and feel valuable.

We make dua Allah Ta’ala grant you a suitable marriage partner and grant you peace and contentment. Ameen

Huzaifah Deedat