Title: Interpretation of a dream regarding a prospective spouse

Question

Asalam o alaikum alim sahib,
I 'm in lot of stress. I 'm getting quite old and have no family except an ill & old mother who is awfully worried about me. I use to get proposals but not anymore. I had a dream around 4 a.m. midnight that I open Quran and see it all in beautifully  white light. I open it and there is a page which is very white but blank and on the right side in the last few lines it's written that my husband to be will have B.D.S (dentistry job) as his profession. I feel very happy and tell my mum who is praying the good news that he has come. She starts screaming with happiness. But dear alima I have no man or proposal in my life right now and I 'm terrified to think how will I lead my life alone. We pray a lot but nothing happens. Plz tell me wat this dream means.
Waiting for ur reply anxiously,
From a helpless woman.
May Allah bless u with happiness for helping me out. Ameen

Answer

The dream you had is encouraging. You should also adopt permissible means in identifying a suitable and compatible partner for yourself. You may also request family and friends to assist you in finding a suitable marriage partner. Continue to pray and make Du’aa to Allah Ta’ala to grant you a suitable spouse. You should recite 500 Durood Shareef daily and make Du’aa to Allah. Furthermore, the piety and character of the prospective spouse, their family, and compatibility with each other should be given preference over their profession.

Abdullah ibn Mohammed Aijaz

Baltimore, USA