Asked Country: Bangladesh

Title: Is it permissible to purchase baby clothing in pregnancy?

Question

I am 8 months pregnant Alhamdulillah. My in laws says that it is bad omen to talk or plan about the baby. They consider it as talking much about the future or ghayeb.

I want to know whether the view is correct or not. Is it permissible to buy clothes or make any list of names for the baby before birth?

Answer

May Almighty Allah grant you a healthy child. Aameen.

It is permissible to talk about the baby to come and plan for the baby.

It is permissible to purchase baby clothing and make a list of baby names in pregnancy.

That is not indulging in Ilmul- Ghayb.